2009年4月22日 星期三

The outback of Australia(4)

22nd/April/2009, Wednesday, day586 in Australia. The weather is hot and sunny in Darwin.

After we visited Uluru, we went back to Yulara, which is the place for tourists to fill petrol and buying something tourists need. We know there is a big neighbour close to Uluru - The Olgas.

We were still plagued by uncounted flyers, which the annoying thing after we entered the outback. These flyers start working since sunrise and stop working after sunset. They are everywhere in the outback. Some people know it, so they've prepared nets. I also suggest everybody enters the outback with nets. Otherwise, you would keep saying "FUCK OFF" all the time until sunset.

After we took photos at Uluru and arrived in Yulara, it was almost 12 o'clock. The sun was very harsh and what made us uncomfortable. I kept drinking water continuously. My car was also thirsty. I drove my car to gas station and filled petrol. We decided to go to Olgas after the meal and filling petrol. I could see Olgas from Uluru and Yulara, but it is still far away from here. I still had 40 kilometers to go.

The Olgas is also named "Katatjuta". It is attractive as its neighbour Uluru. Many people who come to Uluru also travel Katatjuta. I took some photos for everybody:

The Olgas also changes its various colour as its prestigious neighbour Uluru during sunrise and sunset. I think it's some giant rocks as well. It contains a famous place - the valley of winds.

According my travel guide book - lonely planet, Olgas and Uluru were very high mountains hundreds of millions years ago. After consecutive rain erosion, it only remains hundreds of metres height.

When we finished the tour in Uluru and Olgas, we decided to go back to Curtin Spring Station. But I found out our tent had been blown away by strong winds when we were travelling in Uluru. So we changed our plan suddenly. The next place is Alice Springs. The main central city in the outback of Australia.

沒有留言: